Setting a Custom Link Domain
Modified on: Fri, 13 Apr, 2018 at 6:10 PM
1) Pick a hostname for the URL protection service.
- We suggest choosing something like:
, urldefense.your-email-domain.com or urlf.your-email-domain.com this will be the hostname that all of your users will see in their email when a link has been rewritten,
- Keep it straightforward and easy to remember.
2) Update the DNS configuration for your domain.
- At your Domain Name Registrar add a CNAME record for your chosen hostname and point it to urlf.phishprotection.com and allow time for the change to propagate fully.
You can check your DNS propagation here - https://dnschecker.org/#CNAME/
3) Update the Link Click configuration in the portal.
- Click on your PhishProtection Application Tab
- Within your PhishProtection.com account configure the service to use your chosen hostname:
- Under Settings chose Company, then click the pencil icon on that page to edit your Company settings
- Enter your chosen hostname in the "Link Check Domain" field and save the page.
- Update the Link Check Domain
4) Confirm that your custom link domain works
- Visit your custom URL to verify that the chosen link check domain has been properly linked to your account. You should see a screen that looks like this:
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.