If you'll be needing to restore your Domain SPF record to its previous state, AutoSPF provides a backup for up to 30 days.
Here are the steps to restore an SPF record from a backup:
- Navigate to your Domains Dashboard and select the Domain from the list that you wanted to manage the SPF record of.
- From the selected Domain SPF record page, scroll down and look for and select the "Record backup" button.
- You'll either get a pop-up or will be redirected to your SPF Record changes history. This is where all of the changes made on your SPF record for the selected domain will be displayed. Team Member's SPF record updates made were also recorded here which you or your Team Member can restore at any given time. If you're wondering what Teams is and how to set it up, you can refer to this article.
- Look for the version that you wish to restore and check the "Previous Value" field for you to confirm if that's exactly the SPf value you wish to restore.
- Upon confirming the value, click on its restore icon from the Action column.
- Finally, the restore point will be displayed in two places,
- On your Unflattened SPF record field, and
- On your SPF Manager section
Quick Video Guide:
Please note that we may change the user interface in the future, however, you may always check on the SPF records page for how you will be able to restore a record using the AutoSPF backup. Remember that the backup can only save and restore an SPF record for up to 30 days backward. All records that were over 30 days are automatically deleted and non-recoverable.