In order to know and understand how the unflatten DNS SPF Lookup Record impacts the user, you may test it using a 3rd party application like the SPF Policy Tester. Here are the guided steps to do your own testing:
- Navigate to your Domain Dashboard and select the domain that you wanted to manage the SPF record of.
- You'll be redirected to the SPF records page of the selected domain. Look for the "Unflattened record lookup" and check its detected lookup value.
If it is showing "Bad" due to exceeding 10 lookups, you may search and use any free 3rd-party SPF Policy Tester to check for the cause of the error and validate how our AutoSPF Flattening solution can help.
- Open an SPF Policy Tester website.
- Toggle back to your AutoSPF account, and on the SPF records page where you left off, look for the "Tracked Includes tree" section, and click on the arrow to expand the includes record.
- From the expanded Includes record, select and copy one of the given IPs. Just take the number in between the ip4: or ip6: and before the hash (/).
For example, ip4:184.108.40.206/14, you'll just need the 220.127.116.11.
- Toggle back to the SPF Policy Tester website and paste the IP to the sender IP address field.
- Fill out the sender address field with a valid sender email of the domain being tested.
- Click the "Test" button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Test Log to find the result
- The result will indicate what the error is
- Now, toggle back to the AutoSPF domain SPF manager application.
- On the Flatttened SPF Record section, copy the Flattened SPF
- Navigate back to the SPF Policy Tester website and scroll to the top of the page.
- Paste the Flattened Record to the SPF Policy field.
- Click the "Test" button again
- Scroll to the bottom of the Test Log to find the result.
- The result will show how our AutoSPF Flattened Record has fixed the error caused by the Domain's Unflattened Record Lookup.