The Address Book task provides access to contact data saved in your personal or shared address books and a rich interface to manage them.
Steps in opening Address Book:
- Open WebMail https://webmail.mailhostingservice.com
- Click Address Book
The content area of the address book screen is divided into three areas: Directories and Groups, Contacts List and the Contact Details.
Directories and Groups
The leftmost pane displays a list of address directories and contact groups within each of the directories. Depending on your server configuration and installed plugins you might see multiple directories but there’s at least one directory which contains your personal contacts.
Contact groups are handy to organize your contacts. They can also be selected when composing an email message and will enter all members as a recipient. Groups will also appear in the auto-completion list when you start typing in the recipient field. A contact can be assigned to multiple groups.
Click a directory or a group in the list to show the contained contacts in the list on the right. The currently selected directory or group is highlighted in the list.
Create a Contact Group
In order to create a new contact group, first select the directory you want the group being created in. Then use the + icon on the groups list footer to get you an input field for the group name. Enter a unique name for the new group and hit <Enter> to finally create it.
The creation action can be aborted by pressing the <Esc> key while entering the group name.
Assigning Contacts to Groups
Contacts can be assigned to groups by dragging & dropping them with the mouse. Select one or multiple contacts in the list and drop them onto the desired group. It’s a simple as that.
Remove Contacts from a Group
- Select the group in the list on the left
- Select one or mutliple contacts to be removed from that group
- Click the Remove selected contacts from group button in the contact list footer
- Select a contact in the contacts list
- Switch to the Groups tab in the Contact Details area on the right
- Uncheck the Group(s) you want it to remove from
Also in the footer of the groups list, the gear icon shows a menu with actions related to the selected directory or group.
- Rename Group
- Only enabled when a contact group is selected in the list above, this will let you enter a new name for that group.
- Delete group
- Deletes the group selected in the list above. Note that the contacts assigned to that group will NOT be deleted.
- Save search
- If you executed an address book search before, this option will let you save it as a filter for later use.
- Delete search
- Only available when a saved search is selected in the list above, this will delete that search filter.