Outlook Setup Assistant (Windows): Set up email automatically
Modified on: Wed, 20 Apr, 2016 at 11:41 PM
We've created an Outlook Setup Assistant tool to set up your email in Outlook, automatically. This can be helpful if you have a new computer, or if you've upgraded Outlook versions, or if you're having trouble with setting up Outlook.
The Outlook Assistant tool will only work on a computer with Windows, using Outlook 2007 or later.
- Download the Outlook Setup Assistant tool.
- Open the downloaded file, called Outlook_Setup_Assistant_installation.exe and clickRun.
- Click Install.
- Enter your Office 365 email address and password, and click Next.
- Enter your same Office 365 login credentials in the dialog box that appears, and click OK.
Outlook may open in the background; please wait on the Outlook Setup Assistant window until you see the Success!... screen.
- Check the box that says Automatically remove the Outlook Setup app on close (uninstall), and click Close.
- On the Installation window in the background, click Close.
Your Outlook should be all set and ready to use. Try to send a test email, just to be sure everything is working!
- If the automatic setup didn't work, please try to manually configure Outlook.
- This method creates a brand new Outlook profile with your Office 365 address. If you already had a profile, it is still available, but this tool changes your Office 365 address to the default profile. You can manage your profiles, to make adjustments.
- Set up your Office 365 email on your:
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.